These training workshops are based on topics such as Anger management and coping skills, Attachment and Parenting Skills, Grief and Trauma Resiliency, Domestic Violence & Intimate Partner Violence, Healthy living with Anxiety and Stress, Stress Management and many more topics that will help teach participants to identify and work positively with their issues and resolve their involvements with the court system, probation, child protection agencies and other organizations.
- Workshop I – “Attachment and Parenting Skills Workshop”
The connection between attachment and parenting is very strong and deep, builds sensitive, responsive parenting with secure attachments, and results in healthier and happier kids. Adults struggling with their attachment experiences and reactive attachments during their childhood can’t practice positive attachment strategies and healthy parenting skills. This two days’ workshop will help and teach participants to understand healthy attachments by using their experience, which helps participants to develop healthy parenting strategies.
Workshop II – “Loss, Grief and Trauma Resiliency Workshop/Retreat”
Many people are exposed to loss, grief or potentially traumatic events at some point in their lives, and yet they continue to have positive emotional experiences and show only minor and transient disruptions in their ability to function. Unfortunately, because less supports and knowledge about the way of coping with the grief, loss or trauma develop not only complicated grief syndrome but also residential school syndrome, PTSD, Clinical trauma, and depression as well. The speaker challenges these assumptions, improves coping skills by reviewing evidence that resilience represents from the process of recovery.
Workshop III – “Anger Management & Coping Skills Workshop”
This two-day anger management program will teach participants how to identify their anger triggers and examine their anger and its expression both in the workplace and at home. Training also helps to understand how not to take on someone's anger and identify how to help others and yourself manage anger-related behaviors. This workshop can be helpful to those dealing with anger and anger-related problems.
Workshop IV – Domestic Violence & Intimate Partner Violence Workshop
Domestic violence (DV) & Intimate Partner Violence(IPV) continues to constitute an enormous community problem in the outline communities. Knowledge and understanding of the prevention, an intervention that faces families impacted by DV long or short term. This workshop and training guidelines are proposed for community, professionals and individuals along with a discussion of the implications of such standards and knowledge for the DV/IPV.
The workshops, presentations or training programs will be designed according to your organization's needs and requirements for a one day, two days or three days. These workshops are presented personally by Dr.Fonseka, the teacher, writer and consultants for psychotherapy techniques in Fonseka Therapy Service Thompson at your community, or through the web system.
Also, we provide a letter or certificate of attendance with session support after delivering the workshop for participants and organizers for free. Our workshops are less theoretical and involve visual materials with practical exercises which effectively give the participants an excellent learning experience. For more information please contact by email@example.com or 204-939-0647.
Program & Workshops - 2017-18
- January 12th, 2017 – 2 – 5.30 pm, Colombo, SL - "Cultivating Healthy Life Presence through Mindfulness Practices"
- January 12th, 2017 – 2 – 5.30 pm, Colombo, SL - "Cultivating Healthy Life and Self-Compassion through Mindfulness Integrative Practices"
- April 19th-2017 The Marlborough Hotel Winnipeg. "Cultivating Healthy Life and Self-Compassion through Mindfulness" -
- The Mindfulness and Stress, Destructive Thoughts and Emotions with Actions - March 04th, 2017 – 4 pm Boston, MA.
- Mindfulness Response to Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions. - April 14th South Asian Friendship Group Winnipeg. 4 – 6 pm.
- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion - Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB. May 31st 2- 4.30 pm.
- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion - July 1st - Winnipeg, MB.
- Ways To Bring Mindfulness Practices Into Everyday Life - Tuesday, January 9, 2018⋅9:00am – 3:00pm, Colombo Sri Lanka
- Ways To Bring Mindfulness Practices Into Everyday Life - Friday, January 12, 2018⋅9:00am – 3:00pm, Battharamulla, SL
- Ways To Bring Mindfulness Practices Into Everyday Life (OTTAWA SRI LANKAN COMMUNITY) Wednesday, January 31, 2018⋅6:00 – 8:00pm
- Ways To Bring Mindfulness Practices Into Everyday Life (EDMONTON SRI LANKAN COMMUNITY), Saturday, March 3, 2018⋅6:30
- Ways To Bring Mindfulness Practices Into Everyday Life (EDMONTON SRI LANKAN COMMUNITY), Saturday, April 28, 2018⋅4:30 – 6:00pm
- “Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness to Your Life” Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 10:00am Youth Society Negombo, Sri Lanka .
“Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness to Your Life” Sunday, Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 9 am - Rajagiriya , Sri Lanka .